Saturday, February 14, 2009

Update

I just thought I would update everyone....I really need to upload some recent pictures of Aubrey but honestly I just don't feel like it! :)

I have started having this pretty constant pain, I am VERY tired all the time and pretty much mad at the world. :) (Poor Andy & Aubrey) I thought about going to the hospital yesterday because I think I was having contractions. Honestly I am not sure what they feel like since I was enduced with Aubrey. From what everyone tells me it is unbearable and I will definatly know when they are happening. Yesterday it was just an aggravating pain but not unbearable pretty much all day. The last thing I want is to be sent home from the hospital and feel silly. So, I did what any other person would have done I went out with some girl friends to see a movie....who knows it could be my last hoorah for alittle while.

I really thought he would be here by now! If what I am experiencing is contractions then maybe I just have a high tolerance for pain. My next appt. is Tuesday at 8:00am maybe then she will tell me I have made some more progress. Until then I may just only get out of bed when Aubrey insist! For the last two days Aubrey and I have both layed in my bed till 10:00am watching her movies. Although it is not the most healthy thing for a 2 year old I have enjoyed just spending time with her.

I totally forgot to get Aubrey anything for Valentines day, so today while Andy was at Upward I took her to the Dollar Store and told her she could pick out anything she wanted!! Talk about a happy little girl. Isn't it amazing that we think we need to spend all this money on our children, when in all honesty I probably had the happiest two year old in the neighborhood today because she picked out hershey's kisses and curly straws! We finger painted her daddy a card and she was SOOO excited about that! As soon as he walked in the door she screamed "I made you a card today daddy!!" I am pretty sure he loved it as well :)

As much as I talk about being ready for Barrett to be here I am alittle bit terrified! We have gotten in such a good routine around here I know throwing a newborn in the mix is going to shake things up quite abit! So, I am going to try and enjoy this next week, the sleep, the quietness, the simpleness, because on Feb. 23rd. I will check into the hospital in the morning and come home two days later with a new little blessing!

This blog was totally scattered but I am watching a movie and trying to blog and well the two don't mix really well.

Maybe the next time I am updating will be from the hospital, we will see!!!

3 comments:

Recipes from the Lombard Clan said...

Girl...I totally feel your pain. Well...I DID feel your pain before I had Micah. Ha! As annoying as it is...the quote "you will know you are having contractions...trust me!" is totally true!!! They peak and they start out a little painful...and progressively get worse the closer they get together. I was in your shoes too since I was induced with Parker. But, trust me...I KNOW what a contraction feels like and it is NOT fun! :) Barrett(sp?) will be here sooooo soon! Yay! Please update from the hospital. I am so happy for y'all!

Lindsey

Courtney Higdon said...

How exciting! I still have something for you that I really need to give you...maybe I can drop it by sometime this week. Hope you are doing well.

Tricia said...

I am praying for you, that Barrett would get here sooner than later... he has to get here early enough so you can shop the consignment sale and get him some stuff!!

I really do not know what you are experiencing though... since mine were 8 weeks early I missed all that discomfort at the end... or maybe I really didn't, I was pretty miserable on bed rest in the hospital for 2 weeks...

Praying...