Friday, December 21, 2007

Christmas

It has been quite a while since my last post...... I have gotten in trouble by Jonathan for not posting often enough. So I will try to do better but no promises :)
For the last month Aubrey and I have passed back and forth an awful sounding cough and a runny nose. We are staying inside all day today and trying to get better before christmas....I have a few errands I am going to run this afternoon while she takes her nap and andy is home with her. We are just so busy there is no time to be sick so instead of resting and getting better we just stay busy and sick! We have either gone to someones house or had someone at ours every night this week including tonight we are swapping gifts with Glen and Amy at their house. Now that I have typed all of that out I realize that we are not staying home today and resting :) Oh well, there is just too much to do! I have about 4 more gifts to go buy including andys which he keeps telling me he doesnt want anything! He does it every year and every year I go buy him random things at the last minute that he doesnt even want.... so why will he not just give me a list and let me buy for me!!!! He is such a tight-wad!
I am really excited about christmas day!! I love going over to mom and dad's house we take emmy (our dog) and it is just a mess..... but so much fun and so many memories are made and remembered! Then we will go to andys parents house and make a pretty good mess there also :) And then we will probably all relax and watch tv while aubrey takes her nap, then it is off to Mamaw's house!! I can not even explain what all happens at mamaw's house.....
The day after christmas I will get up VERY early and go to walmart and get all of my christmas supplies for next year! I did that last year and it has been so nice not having to buy 1 roll of wrapping paper or ribbons or boxes. I shouldnt give out my secret... but it is just to good to not share!
But the whole reason for christmas is baby Jesus and sometimes we all get so wrapped up in presents and parties that we forget its not all about those things.... Yes they are fun but the reason for the season is Jesus! Mom has a nativity scene that is aubreys and she loves to carry "bby jsus" around and give him love. It is so sweet and I can not wait for the next couple of christmas's when she really understands who He is! I have to say it is so nice to know that while I am at work all during the week she is still learing about Jesus from her Momma Dee & also from ther Granna. That is priceless! And the best gift of all!
I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas full of fun and full of lots of lasting memories!
Love you all,
Jen

3 comments:

DeeDee said...

I've been in trouble about not posting enough also... He keeps telling me if he can fight a war for us... and still post - that surely we can find the time to post. Guess he is right.

Good post my Jen... Christmas is a wonderful time... and we all have such a good time together.

P.S. Don't tell Aubrey.. but I have a new DVD for us to sing and Dance too...
I can hardly wait!!!!

Hal said...

I liked the post. I like anytime you talk about my "Little Bit".

Unknown said...

My little stink bait is sick? and you? Hey what can I get her for christmas? i have yours and andy's i need something to get her, or will a brand new drum set work? lol
thanks for the post and for "trying" to post more for me. I love ya lil sis,
Jonathan