Saturday, January 10, 2009

I couldn't wait any longer

About half way through the day today I began to sordof panic about everything that needed to be purchased before Barrett arrived. I realize I still have about 6 weeks but that is if everything is on schedule. Let's face it, he is pretty much in control of when he comes at this point and just in case he gets in a hurry I want to be prepared! With the first child people give you showers and everything is pretty much purchased for you. With the second, well unless you are having the same sex and you already have everything, you are pretty much on your own! Although I have registered for family and close friends, I know there are TONS of things that need to be bought! Everything I have is pink! Towels, wash cloths, blankets, burp cloths, bibs, onesies..... I could go ON AND ON! So although Barrett doesn't care what color towel I dry him off with, I do!

This afternoon I sat down beside Andy and sweetly said, "I would be a much more pleasant person if I could just go and buy what I feel like needs to be bought and get it over with!" I was waiting for the "HECK NO!" response but I actually received the "whatever you need to go get just get it!" I am sure he is tired of me walking around stressing out over NOTHING! So now, I will spend the rest of the evening taking tags off of my purchases, getting it all washed with my Dreft detergent, and putting it all up where it belongs! There is still plenty more that could have been bought but I refrained to only the necessities tonight.

Just in case you were wondering how it was going with the potty training.... Aubrey is doing FANTASTIC! She tells me pretty much everytime she needs to tee-tee even when we are out shopping or out to eat. She is still not totally convensed that poo-poo needs to be put in the potty but we are getting there. Most of the time she wakes up in the morning with a dry
pull-up! I would say after 2 weeks she is doing great and I am very proud of her!

1 comment:

Courtney Higdon said...

When exactly are you due?? I have something for you. It will give me an excuse to come see you guys. I am sure you will be ready when he comes! :)