Sunday, October 26, 2008

A new kitchen

I am not very good at decorating my house, I like to start things and then I run out of money and never finish my project. A good example is our bedroom. Two years ago that is what I wanted for christmas from everyone. I was going to re-do the whole bedroom, well I got a GREAT start thanks to everyone in the family but never finished. Now two years later and I am ready to re-do it again. I have decided that I am going to make myself decorate my house one room at a time.

I am starting with the kitchen, don't ask me why. I don't spend much time in there at all.... I am not a cook, I have tried and I have failed many times. I can make a mean potato soup and a few other things here and there but that is about it. That is one of the reasons God gave me Andy. He is not one of those husbands who expects dinner on the table at 6:00 while he sits on the couch and reads the paper... he is a wonderful helper! Most days he has something thawing out when I get home or even better there are days I come home from work and something is already in the oven :) I love him! Anyway, back to the reason for this post. I have decided that for THIS christmas I am asking for things for my kitchen.
( if you are in my family you will be getting my list soon.) I have been looking on-line and walking around pier1 and I think I have decided on a red kitchen. Not bright red but in the red family. I would like for it to really pop. I am hanging curtains I want a new rug for under my table I even want a new light fixture. And if Andy reads this he may have a heart attack but I want a back splash with new floors to match :) I realize that will not come by Christmas but it will come soon enough. I am hanging pictures up, I want new kitchen towels to match along with rags and oven mitts. I want my Kitchen to be so color coordinated it will make you sick! SOOOO.... this week I will be making my way into lowes and getting those great little cans of paint samples they sell and picking out my red. Maybe before Barrett makes his way into the world I will be finished. I will keep everyone posted!

2 comments:

Darlene said...

You are funny! If I were you I would talk to Candace...she is very good at colors. I heard that red kitchens is the going color now. I would love to change my cabinets and counter tops..you know what that means...then I would want to change the color and etc. I guess for now I would be okay with a new stove and new air vent with light.you know that thing that is over your stove? I am not sure what it is called. Anywho...make pictures and post them so we can see the progress.
Have fun...
Darlene

DeeDee said...

make some before and after pics....

and I love red for the Kitchen. :)
Love,
MOM