Saturday, March 21, 2009

In Love

We are alittle over three weeks into pure chaos and I have never been more in love than I am right now! My wonderful husband helps me on a daily basis with things that I KNOW alot of husbands just think it is the wife's responsibility. He gets up in the middle of the night and feeds Barrett he plays with Aubrey and keeps her occupied when I have a million things to get accomplished. Today is one of those days. I am working on laundry, trying to get caught up on the million bottles that need to be washed and sterilized, trying to clean this house, although I have come to the conclusion that it many never actually be clean!

While I am cleaning I opened up the blinds to let some beautiful sunshine in and I looked out over my back yard and what I see is absolutly beautiful! A fantastic husband playing with my beautiful baby girl in her play house. A few minutes later I look out again and Andy is cutting the grass while Aubrey is harrassing the dogs (they love her!) Then a few minutes later I look out again and Aubrey is once again playing with her daddy. I just love my little family!!

Let's not forget about Barrett who we like to call our little "grunter", I can hear him from his room laying in his bed sound asleep but making the most awful grunting noise! He has not slept one night in our bedroom because no one can sleep with the loud little boy! He slept in his cradle in the living room with my mom a few nights and then he was put in his own bed! We made it to week three with no colic so the Dr. says we are home free! He is really the best baby, laid back, calm, hardly ever cries! He LOVES to eat and is already getting pretty fat! Have I mentioned that I just LOVE fat, chubby, babies!! He sleeps really well, most nights he takes his last bottle around 9:30-10:00 and will wake up anywhere from 2:30-4:00 take another bottle then go back to sleep until around 8:00.

Although we are exhausted, we are making it one day at a time! If you drop by we may still be in our pajamas and the house most likely will not be clean but I have learned that all of that is ok! I may not be considered the best cook, I may not have the cleanist house on the block, but I have a beautiful family and that is all that matters!!!!

Time to get back to the family!!!!

7 comments:

Lindsey said...

Girl, I feel the exact same way as you! My husband does SO much. He works so hard, then comes home and helps me in so many ways. I even get to leave the boys at home on Wednesdays so I can go to small group. Keeping my house clean is constant...and it is not always perfect. But oh well! I have a wonderful husband and two beautiful, healthy boys! Anyways...your blog made me smile, because I love this feeling of pure joy. God is so good to us...right? :) I'm happy for you!

Tricia said...

So glad you are enjoying your family and life! It is definitely wonderful to have a great husband... James is playing with David right now, helping him change up his train track... Paul is still at the table finishing his dinner :)

Blessings!

Anonymous said...

There was a saying that I had posted in Jessica's nursery that ended with "Quiet down cobwebs, dust go to sleep, I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep!" Dust will always be around but babies grow up fast. Enjoy your family first. Baby boys seem to be wonderfully laid back. Jessica was easy but never as easy as Will was. Wonder what Naomi will be like. I guess we will have to hold on for the ride. ;-) So happy for your family.
Vicki

Matt and Lauren Knierim said...

glad you all are doing well---let me know if i can help because my time is getting shorter! and yes, i am ready for kids market. i am planning on going monday the 30th because that's my day off that week. want to come? christy may be coming also. she said she was going to drag a basket around with a belt just to spite me :)

Meredith said...

I know you are so relieved to have such a happy little boy with no colic!! No running tub water this time around!! I loved reading your sweet post. As tough as it is some days, it is those moments of pure joy and grace that make it all worth while.

By the way, the outgrown clothes pile is growing again and your homemade Brunswick Stew is still in the freezer! :)

Anonymous said...

So sweet and so true! Daddy's and husbands who help make a world of difference in Mom's attitude towards life. So glad you are enjoying your sweet little family! There will always be a house to clean and clothes to wash but our little ones won't stay little forever. You're right, we should enjoy them and not worry so much about the other stuff!
Holly

Anonymous said...

So sweet and so true! Daddy's and husbands who help make a world of difference in Mom's attitude towards life. So glad you are enjoying your sweet little family! There will always be a house to clean and clothes to wash but our little ones won't stay little forever. You're right, we should enjoy them and not worry so much about the other stuff!
Holly