Tuesday, March 3, 2009

One week old

Sorry That I have not updated my blog and added new pictures of our sweet little guy! To be honest I have not taken that many pictures. I remember bringing Aubrey home from the hospital and wearing out the batteries on my digital camera. This time it is different, maybe it is because I am playing with play-doh, painting with water colors, coloring Dora coloring books, and putting together puzzels with Aubrey in between, feeding, burping, changing, and rocking barrett. There is as much time to sit around and stare at a sweet baby. When he is sleeping that means I have a few hours to keep Aubrey entertained and get ready for the next round.

Thank goodness for an amazing sunday school class who has put together 10 meals over the course of 20 days. Thank goodness for my mom who is spending the night with me and getting up with Barrett for his middle of the night feedings. Thank goodness for Julia & Ronnie who took Aubrey out all day to let her play and give me a break from a talkative two year old. :) Thank goodness for a husband who doesn't mind doing the laundry, putting it up where it goes, cleaning the kitchen up or just doing different things around the house to help out. He is also such a big help with Aubrey & Barrett! I don't know how people do it when they do not have much help from their husband.


One little story from this week and then I need to get off the computer and back to the chaos. :)
Last night Aubrey was bathed and ready for bed and we were in the process of bathing Barrett. He of course does not like this process because he gets cold so he cries ALOT. Aubrey came running in the kitchen and literally freaked out! She was SCREAMING, "Don't hurt my Barrett Momma!!!!" Andy took her into our bedroom to explain to her that Barrett wasn't hurt but she would have none of it and came running back in the kitchen totally traumatized thinking Mom and I were hurting her baby barrett. Let's just say although she is acting more and more jealous of him she is also quite protective of the little guy.


Here is a picture we took today for his 1 week birthday.

2 comments:

Julia said...

We had so much fun at Chick-fil-a and Target with Aubrey... that little girl knows what she wants!!

How precious that she is protecting her little brother! Next thing ya know, she will be teaching him how to climb out of his bed... oh wait... that was me :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Jenifer, Andy and Aubrey on this newest addition to your family!