Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I will praise You through the storm....

Scroll down and you will see three videos of Rick Burgess.... if you have not heard him speak at his sons "Celebration Memorial Service" then please take the time to listen to it.... yes it is long but it is WELL worth it! I have a whole new respect for this man and for the whole family.

I am alittle numb right now knowing that today my good friend, I guess I could say he is like my brother.... passed away today. Jason Hall.... we had some good times! We had some bad times! I loved him with all my heart..... I would see him at walmart or every once in awhile on the back pew at the church and I just wanted to run to him and hug him everytime! We grew apart after high school I went my way he went his but our memories our good times.... nothing can take those away from me! I remember walking down the aisle to marry andy, and seeing Jason standing there.... he had told me he wasnt coming that he was going to the auburn game I acted like I didnt care but I honestly felt like a part of my family was going to miss my wedding! And there he stood the biggest smile ever watching me walk down the aisle with my daddy! There are so many times I can write about but my teary eyes will not allow it right now. I will really miss him.... this is my first close friend to pass away, it is not supposed to happen like this, I am supposed to see him get married and have kids! I am supposed to run into him in town and get my good Jason hug! I am supposed to see him succeed in life.... far past what he has already succeeded! I watched him be so strong with his brother terry when scott there other brother passed away last may. My heart was so broken then and now I can not even put into words how broken I am. Jason.... I love you, I will miss you!
Terry, you know how much I love you, you are my brother, you were in our wedding.... you have been with me through alot and I will be with you through this! I want to call you but I am afraid I will fall apart and not be the strength you need, so right now, tonight I will pray for you, your sweet little sister and your parents who I know are dieing inside! My pain does not compare to yours I know but please know.... I love you sooo much andy loves you soo much aubrey loves you sooo much! Please let me know what you need when you need it! We are here 24 hours a day and you know it! If you have not watched the Rick Burgess video, watch it! I have been glued to my radio all day listening and I have been so broken about my own personal life.... and my walk.... and then I get home and dad calls and tells me the news, I can not even explain what I am feeling.... but I am going to fight the fight.... keep the faith and just like Rick said.... I am not going to let satan get a foot hold on my life!
I feel like I am just rambling but I have so many thoughts going through my head.... it is just all getting jumbled up maybe I will be clearer later but for now I will leave with this....
"Praise You In This Storm"
I was sure by now
God You would have reached down
And wiped our tears away
Stepped in and saved the day
But once again, I say "Amen", and it's still raining
As the thunder rolls
I barely hear Your whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes awayAnd I'll praise You in this storm
And I will lift my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am
And every tear I've cried
You hold in Your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm
I remember whenI stumbled in the wind
You heard my cryYou raised me up again
My strength is almost gone
How can I carry on
If I can't find YouAs the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes awayI lift my eyes unto the hills
Where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord
The Maker of Heaven and Earth

3 comments:

brantley said...

You described the feeling very well.....numb. Jason as well as Scott are in many of my memories as well. It always seemed that Jason poped up at the most random times...but always having a good time. I will miss him just as much as Scott.

O, I listened to Rick's speech this morning and it put me into tears. It made me re-evaluate my life. I think it was something we all needed to hear.

DeeDee said...

Thank you for your precious blog, my Jen. And for the reminder of the song. We will Praise Him in the Storm.

Love you and praying for (and with) you.

MOM

Julia said...

I love ya Jen - I am praying for you as well as the Hall family - - this is hard.. what do you say? I just don't know.. we all loved Jason... and yeah Brantley - he did just show up at the most unexpected times - but he was always smiling as he came!