Thursday, January 24, 2008

Memories...

Today I have thought about Jason all day! Memories that we shared the laughs and the cries. It seems like just yesterday we were canoeing down some little river and Jason was freaking out because he was afraid of otters..... so of course me being the good friend I am I pushed him right on into the water :) he was not to happy with me but like always he got over it! Jason had weird fears and at the same time was fearless. He was also afraid of " little people".... he eventually grew out of this one but the otters.... he was always terrified! Jason knew how to make people laugh, that is why I loved him so much....he had such a joy for life, he was a friend to everyone Jason didnt meet anyone that wasn't a friend! When Jason was in the room you just wanted to be around him you wanted to know what everyone was laughing at and who they were laughing with!

I remember when he was in the car accident with him mom, I remember dad telling me and I immediatly wanted to go see him it scared me to see how bad of shape he was in. I remember him calling me and telling me they were letting him go home from the hospital it seemed like he was healed in no time! He was ready to take on the world.... he realized he had a purpose..... we all know jason had his struggles but who hasn't? I know without a shadow of a doubt that he is with his brother now waiting on the rest of us to come home to be with him!

I remember seeing how broken he was at his brother scott's viewing, and of course in Jason style he had his wisdom teeth out that same morning..... he picked the weirdest times for things but he was in so much pain physically.... and so broken hearted but he was strong. I wanted to make everything better.... I wanted all of his pain to go away I knew in God's timing He could heal all wounds!

Now I am left sitting here at my computer thinking of all the things I wish I would have said... I should have stayed in touch..... I should have encouraged him more and been there for him more! I should have been a better friend over the last couple of years I shouldn't have let there become so much distance...... I truly believe that God is never late and God is never early, He is always right on time and for some reason this was the time that God chose for Jason no matter what any of us could have or would have done different this was Jason's time.... I do not know the reason now I may never know that reason but I am choosing to believe and I am standing on the fact that God will make good of this.... God will make His face known..... God will get all of the glory!

Jason and I never dated we never had that kindof relationship.... we never wanted that relationship God put us together in our teenage years for one reason I believe and that was purely for joy.... we went through some hard times together and we went through some of the happiest times of our lives together! We grew together we helped each other grow up but at the same time to keep a child like spirit. Whenever I think of Jason Hall I think of happiness, smiles, jokes, CRAZINESS, joy, and of course I will always think of otters :)

Jason today, I celebrate you! I celebrate your life, I celebrate your friendship, I celebrate because I know that one sweet day back in our teenage years you asked Jesus into your heart, I celebrate because I know we will see each other again one day. Today I celebrate Jason Hall!

“I thank my God every time I think of you. (Philippians 1:3)”

I can do all things
Through Christ who gives me strength,
But sometimes I wonder
what He can do through me;
No great success to show,
No glory on my own,
Yet in my weakness
He is there to let me know

His strength is perfect
when our strength is gone;
He’ll carry us when we can’t carry on.
Raised in His power,
the weak become strong;
His strength is perfect,
His strength is perfect.

We can only know
The power that He holds
When we truly see how deep our weakness goes;
His strength in us begins
Where ours comes to an end.
He hears our humble cry and proves again

His strength is perfect
when our strength is gone;
He’ll carry us when we can’t carry on.
Raised in His power,
the weak become strong;
His strength is perfect,
His strength is perfect.

4 comments:

DeeDee said...

oh Jen... you make me laugh... you make me cry.

I forgot about the otters :)
Jason was so special to us!

Thank you for wording it so well!

I love you and I too celebrate Jason Hall = and know that we will see him again one day!

Julia said...

Don't forget that when I passed out in Zack's ICU room after his wreck... jason was the one with me - that didn't help me get up, but just ran into the waiting room freaked out that I had passed out!!! :) He had no idea what to do!!!! :) His memories make us all smile

brantley said...

I remember when Jason worked at Zaxbys in Auburn. He would take home a gallon size bucket of Zax's sauce every week. He and Josh Marques would eat that sauce on everything! I made them fetticini alfredo once, and Jason dipped it in the Zax sauce! It would always grose me out. Anyways...just like you...I have many more memories....

I had forgotten about the little people thing....only Jason

FishGill412 said...

Jennifer

Thanks for sharing your heart. I will always remember Jason's smile and he always had a way to make you feel loved and that he was glad to see you.

I can just hear him saying "Hey Miss Cindy and Mr. Andy" and getting himself a hug.

Life's too short to not tell people you love them every chance you get.

Andy G.<><