Saturday, February 23, 2008

Weekend Trip!

My week finished alot better than it started, thank you to everyone who encouraged me :)

Andy, Glen, Amy, and I went to Mentone last weekend for a short little get away we left Aubrey and Jenna at home and we had SOOOO much fun! It was good to get away and play card games and just relax. We have been two times before and lets face it there is not that much to do in mentone so we were creative, but before I tell yall about that I wanted to show you some pictures from a little zoo in mentone. We found it last time we were there and we HAD to go back! I am not sure how it stays open and honestly I feel sorry for the animals but I wanted to take some pictures so we did not pay to go back through the "Redneck Zoo" but I did sneak in to see the lions and tigers and snap a few pictures.... check these out!













After we left the zoo we headed up to scottsboro to check out the Unclaimed baggage store. For those who are wondering it is not worth going unless you are just happening to pass by! When we were leaving though amy and I saw a sign for a Consignment sale starting the next day so the next morning we get up and head BACK to scottsboro well it wound up being nothing like we had expected but I got aubrey a real cute jacket and top. I dont think it was worth the hour drive but it was fun!
Everytime we have been to Mentone Glen wants to go find Randy Owen's house well I am like a teenager when it comes to famous people so I was ALL for it so after driving around for about an hour we decided to stop and ask if the lady in the gas station knew where he lived and of course she gave us perfect directions..... Andy could care less about any of this so he was less than thrilled but still he drove us around. So we get to his house and there are a couple of cars in the drive way so I tell andy to pull up to the gate and lets get out and see if anyone is outside well of course andy doesn't stop he just keeps going straight, well when we FINALLY turned back around because I told him I didn't get a good look at the house and I wanted a picture we get to the house and the cars are gone!!!! So andy made us miss Randy Owens! Well this time he pulls up to the gate and lets me take my pictures but he drives off real fast when I say I am getting out to talk into the intercomm attached to the gate! Oh well it was fun!








After we left Randy Owens house we went to Jeff Cook's Sound Studio. Somehow I managed to talk andy into going up the long driveway and he let Glen and I out we went inside the front door and we could hear music playing but there was a BIG metal door and you had to be buzzed in from inside that door. I dont know who but someone was behind that door playing music because they would stop playing and talk for a minute and then start back up. We had alot of fun though! I am not a Alabama fan really at all but Glen is....anyway Amy and I have decided that our next trip will be in October and we are going to go to Brentwood Tennessee because we have heard alot of Country Singers live there. Maybe we will run into a few :)

All in all we had a great relaxing trip and that is all any of us went for.











It is so great to have wonderful friends to spend time with and enjoy each others company! We were all so excited to get home though so we could see our girls.... Jenna was so excited to see Amy and Glen and it is so great to see them so happy as a family after all the prayers and all the tears to see God's little miracle and to once again be reminded of God's perfect timing!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad your week ended up better. Maybe brantley and I can tag along with yall on one of your trips after we get married! Sounds like yall have a blast! Love ya and miss ya little sis.
Jonathan

Tricia said...

Sounds like you all had a great time! Did you go to DeSoto Falls, that is where James proposed to me!? We had lots of fun dates up in that area, hiking, swimming,and canoeing at Little River Canyon. Glad you could have a getaway without kids, I wish we could have one!
Tricia