Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Are you kidding me?!?!

Where do I even begin? The person that pulled out in front of me had no drivers license and no proof of insurance and according to the police department there is nothing they can do about that! He gets to walk away with not even a slap on the wrist and I get a totaled car, half a day off from work with no pay, and to top it all off the wrecker service wants $320.00 to get andy's car just so we can turn around and try to sell it for scrap metal. How is any of this even legal!!!! Someone from another country can come to the United States drive like a MANIAC and be allowed to continue the same lifestyle while I have to figure out how we are going to come up with the money for a car to drive. I cannot even begin to type out on a blog how TICKED off I am. How does the law allow this to happen to innocent people. Hypothetically I could have been killed in the accident and the law would do nothing about it. I have gone from upset about the whole thing to all out MAD. I got a good cry out tonight after andy left for basketball.... I just don't understand how supposably I am protected by the law but ACTUALLY the illegal people that roam the streets are protected. This whole situation has put andy and I in a bind and what makes me so mad is the fact that I did nothing wrong, I was driving back to work and he pulled out in front of me and I will now pay the price.

Isn't it amazing how just when I thought things were looking up - just when I could see myself being able to be a stay at home mom in the NEAR future..... life has other plans.... I am beginning to think that where I always thought God had called me to be a Wife and Mother maybe I was wrong. Maybe I wasn't listening....

Maybe today I am just an emotional basketcase.... I am pretty sure that is possible considering the circumstances. But on the other hand, facts are facts, reality is reality, and the reality of all of this is we are down to one car and to get back what belongs to us to begin with will cost us $320.00 and rising each day! Even if we get it back it is totaled and we will literally be selling parts off of it.

I keep quoting Jeremiah 29:11 - I know it by heart .... I know He has a plan .....

5 comments:

Julia said...

I am so sorry Jen!!

love you
jwm

Krista said...

I am sorry to hear that too! I will be praying that God provides for you and that you will be able to stay at home one day; soon.

Cheer up buttercup,
Krista

Tricia said...

Hey Jenifer,
I am so sorry to hear your bad news, and I was thinking... there has to be someone we know with a tow truck who might be willing to help you out... what about Jon Graham, maybe he could tow if for you, just a thought.

That same situation happened to a friend of mine, but it was much worse, an illegal alien was drunk and ran a red light right into her uncle's car, killing her grandmother and seriously injuring her uncle and grandfather, and no charges could be brought against them! I find that to be absolutely ridiculous!!

I am praying for you, and God will provide a way for you to stay home, it is His will and He will make sure that His will is accomplished, just hang in there!

Mitzi said...

I hate that that has happened. It happens a lot. I had the same thing happen a few years back. No license, no tag, no insurance, the owner of the car they were driving was not even from nor in the US. It is not fair and I can get on a soapbox also but I know that God does have a plan. When we struggle we actually turn to Him and trust in Him more. He desires each of us. I know it probably does not make you feel any better about it. But stay strong and KNOW that HE is in control.

Michelle C. said...

WHAT!!! I am just finding out about all of this right now as I'm reading. I haven't kept up with blogs too much lately. But it looks like I need to make it a priority- YIKES. I am so sorry. Can I just say if Lee had driven by- he would have stoppped in a heartbeat- as a girl- I always feel like there is nothing I can do. How sad, huh? There's probably lots that I could do- comfort, call 911.

Don't get discouraged- I know it makes you mad. There will be light at the end of this tunnel- I just know it.