Thursday, August 28, 2008

Hermie


Something possessed me while I was at the beach the first of August to buy aurbey a Hermit Crab. I am not sure why.... I do not even like crabs they are ugly and freak me out, I am not sure why I thought a 2 year old would be excited over a crab. Aubrey squeals at him anytime he is out of his cage and it is so cute. Obvously it is a crab so we do not let her touch it but tonight she was so cute watching her crab crawl around on the floor. I had to take some pictures! Andy is great with hermie the hermit crab. He feeds and waters and bathe's him. Yes, I said bathe's him. We have learned SOOO much about these little creatures. They have to be submersed in water once a week for a minute, they need plenty of exercise, they become attached to their owners! I couldn't believe this one but hermie knows when andy picks him up.... he comes out of his shell to greet him. Me not so much maybe it is because I pick him up and if he comes out of his shell I quickly throw him back down and scream alittle.

Needless to say, andy was right to roll his eyes when I came walking through the door proudly with this hermit crab! He knew right away he would be the care taker. Oh well, I am thinking her next pet will be a rabbit. Andy says no, but I am thinking she will need a rabbit for easter, don't yall agree?!?!? :)

2 comments:

Krista said...

Oh...she will love a bunny and I bet Andy will too even if he doesn't admit it. I can't believe you bought her a hermit crab; they look like creepy, scary spider-like creatures to me and I wouldn't even be able to touch it. I love the pictures - doesn't look like Aubrey is scared. :)

Have a great day!
Krista

DeeDee said...

I love the pics....
And I can just see you throwing it back in the cage and screaming. I am really just surprised that you even pick it up. LOL.

I vote for the rabbit.
:)
Love you all