Friday, March 21, 2008

An interesting Spring Break....

The start of my week was not how I had planned it and the whole week has pretty much gone the same, so lets just start at the beginning....

I woke up to my alarm Monday morning at 5:45 and felt my tummy rumbling but thought nothing of it until my alarm went off again at 5:55 and I had to make a mad dash to the bathroom just in time to round the corner and ring the toilet. Yes, everyone once again someone in the Stewart household was sick! This is the first time in years I think that I have actually been throw-up sick and might I remind you just in case it has been awhile for you also.... it is AWFUL! For some STUPID reason I thought I would tough it out and go to work, I only had to work monday and tuesday of this week so I could make it....NOT! I arrived at work on time somehow, I got all the equipment turned on things put in the appropriate place before anyone else arrived and then I went and sat in the break room still thinking.... " I can do this", "I am tough!" The other girls began arriving and I could feel myself turning a beautiful green, the all asked me if I was ok, told me to leave because they did not want it and I still refused..... I was fine! I decided to let the other assistant get the first patient of the day back while I sat down for just a few more minutes, I called my mom she reinforced the fact that I had lost my mind and I should be in bed. About the time I hung up the phone once again I had to take off running for the toilet..... I made it again and I will not test my quickness anymore....."Attention everyone, I am going home!" It is now 7:30, I officially made it 45 minutes at work before I had to turn around and go home. Once I got home it was back in the Pajamas to rest up for the next days work.....NOT! After a nice little nap from 8:15-9:30 the sickness began to come in 15 minute increments, about the time I would get comfortable.... I would once again be racing for the nearest trash can, toilet, bowl, anything! At about 4:00pm, when the throwing up was still going strong I finally decided SOMEONE in calera had to have some phenegran and I would search them out, one person at a time. I called mom, no luck..... amy, no luck.... it was only my 3rd phone call that I hit the jack pot and I said Andy will be there in 5 minutes. I had no idea how I could keep it down but my goodness it WOULD stay in my stomache long enough to work.....so around 5:00pm the throwing up finally ceased and the rest began...... by this point, my back hurts I am laying on a heating pad my stomache hurts, I am hugging a pillow and everytime I looked at myself in a mirror the brown circles under my eyes looked even browner and I looked... and felt like I was wasting away. Talk about a diet plan! I looked like I was about to die, I felt like I was going to die and honestly it is 4 days later now and I dont even think I am exaggerating!

At 10:30 that night I woke up to take another phenegran and andy informed me that I needed to set my alarm clock, "just in case I feel ok to go to work the next day" he said. I smiled and agreed.... woke up at 7:15am the next morning turned my alarm off rolled over and went back to sleep. I then woke up at 10:oo am got up stumbled to the refrigerator to get some sprite, I returned to the bed and proceeded to sleep until 3:30 that afternoon! I was a sick puppy, I wouldn't wish that on my enemy!

Wednesday came and I HAD to find aubrey some shoes to match her easter dress, and I needed to find something to wear so mom took my up to the shopping center we got done what needed to get done and she took me home for one more wonderful nap before Aubrey returned home. If you have not red the blog before this one then scroll down read it and then return here.... that should catch you up on the life of Aubrey :)

Needless to say, we are now on our 3rd night of screaming at bed time..... wednesday night was the worse and it lasted until 1:00am..... I probably allowed it to go on so long because I still felt sick....but I have no excuse for last night, just weakness..... she looks so pittiful crying! So tonight I was strong.... I bathed her, read a book, sang a few songs, prayed with her, kissed her good night and put her in the bed. I then returned every ten minutes for 40 minutes.... then I waited for 15 min. increments... I only had to do that twice and she is asleep. Alittle over an hour and she is asleep and I get to blog :) I am praying and crossing my fingers that she will sleep all night and everything I read says that if I stand my ground this should only last about a week. I will let you know in 6 days how it is going :)

Thursday I took aubrey to the park and we played for about an hour and a half, it reminded me how bad I want to be home with her.... how I want to be a "mommy" everyday and do "mommy" things 8-5 not dental things. I know God will provide, I know everything will work out.... I know, I know , I know.... but there is still that small voice in my head that says, it will never work. So, to update the prayer request, I am working on getting a business license for my photography... as soon as that happens I really feel like I will be able to work my way out of work :) I know I will still be working (ie: taking pictures) but I will love being home more and being able to fix my own schedule..... I will love being able to go to the park, and swim at the pool, on days other than the weekend when the rest of the world is there also. God will make a way..... I know it!

2 comments:

DeeDee said...

God WILL make a way...
and we are praying with you.
Love you!

Tricia said...

I am so sorry you were so sick, I have some phenergan so if you ever need it again call me!

Just keep standing firm about the going to sleep thing, we had to do that with our boys and after a week they were going to sleep without any problems and they are such good sleepers now! Hang in there!