Saturday, March 15, 2008

Terrible Twos....

Where has my daughter gone? There is a 22 month old child sleeping in her bed but it is NOT my Aubrey! If you would have talked to me a week ago I would have gone on and on about how this stage in Aubreys life is my favorite. We are learning to communicate with each other, she loves her momma so much, she loves to hug on me and play with my hair and cuddle and sing, a week ago she was my biggest fan, and I was hers. Fast forward to this week and I can not figure out where my little angel has gone! My precious princess has turned into a whiney, grunting, crying, pictching fits, annoying two year old! I guess it is the terrible twos coming alittle early.... I would hate to know that it will get worse from here. If I look at her wrong, say something wrong, or not agree with Queen Aubrey these days she turns into an angry little girl! I guess I am so shocked by this all because a week ago I thought I was so lucky! I had the best little girl in the world.... now, I am beginning to eat those words. I am not a normal mom, I was not a big fan of having a newborn. It was not that I didn't love her because I did and I was and still am very grateful for the gift that God gave Andy and I when he gave us Aubrey. But with all that said I did not function well with her as a newborn. I always wanted babies... I love babies but when it was mine waking up all hours of the night and screaming and crying and throwing up and pooping 10 times a day I was not prepared for all of that!! I had babysat for people, I had even kept some babies that were pretty much newborn and I LOVED it, but I could go home and mom and dad had to deal with the up all night sleepless nights. So anyway, most new moms just love waking up to their precious little baby and they love spending those early morning hours listening to there little princess cooing and talking, not me! I loved it when we could play and she was sitting up and learning to crawl and learning who I was and who andy was. I love it when I go pick her up from nursery and she is so excited! A month ago I wanted to rock her to sleep and she didn't even want me to she just wanted me to put her in her bed and let her sleep. This last week we fight for an hour just to get her in the bed then it is another hour before she even thinks about going to sleep. I know people say let them cry for 10 mintues check on them lay them back down and walk back out of the room, if this has worked for you please give me a call because all it does for Aubrey is get her that much more fired up! I am not a mom who doesn't believe in punishing for acting up.... trust me aubrey is not a child who has always gotten what she has wanted. I just want my Aubrey back, does anyone know when that might happen? I did see a glimpse this afternoon when I took her in the back yard to play, she has loved being outside since she was a newborn with colic. When she was just a few weeks old we had to buy patio furniture because we were spending so much time outside. We would take her swing out in the back yard and just sit there until the sun went down. So now she is always wanting to go outside and it is finally warming up so that we can spend our afternoons playing on the swing set....below are a few pictures from this afternoon.... dont let the sweetness fool you, as soon as we walked back in the house the whining began again.
It is a good thing she is so cute
She is singing Jesus Loves me in the picture above

6 comments:

Julia said...

But jen!!! she is so stinkin cute!!! and what do you MEAN she hasnt always gotten what she wanted?? why not?? she SHOULD have... :) hehehe... so sorry...

Elijah's Mom said...

lol.... I am already dealing with that now. :) Your child will return. How can you be mad at a beautiful girl like that? I love the pictures. Kinda hard to take a bad picture of her though.

Unknown said...

I agree with aunt doodoo: she hasn't gotten everything she wants? My little stink bait deserves everything her little heart wants! I'm sorry she is being so fussy i guess she is just following in her moms footsteps!! lol just kidding on that last part. it's all cause she misses her jonjon! I love ya jen,
Jonathan

Tricia said...

Just remember that the good times really do out weigh the bad times, even though the bad times will drive you absolutely crazy sometimes!! And at least you only have one going thru the terrible two's, imagine having 2!!

You may just have to schedule more "mommy nights out"... gives you a good excuse anyway...

If you ever need to escape at night and go for a walk to get all that stress out just call me and I will join you!

Tricia said...

I forgot to comment on the pictures, they are gorgeous, I really do want you to take some outside pics of my boys, we will have to pick a time!

Unknown said...

HEY I UPDATED!!!!! just letting you know. love and miss all three of you. and the pictures are BEAUTIFUL.
Jonathan