Thursday, June 12, 2008

A week of first's

So this week has been an interesting week.... work is CRAZY, and coming home to a two year old is even CRAZIER! I only had to work Mon-Wed this week so I got the bright idea of painting aubreys play room. We started painting tuesday night, it is thursday and it is still not finished.... it is kindof hard to find time to paint a room when I am having to make sure Aubrey is not getting into the paint. Things like this went ALOT faster before a child came into the picture. Thanks to Jonathan and Brantley for coming over tuesday night and helping us get the first coat of paint on, if yall had not come over we would probably still be working on the first wall :)

Back to the original reason for this post..... I decided a couple of months ago to buy a potty so that when summer started we would start working on potty training. I am not going to push aubrey into potty training I am just trying to slowly introduce and hope she takes the bait. Up until this week she has HATED the potty. I have bribed her a couple of times to just sit on the potty but she would only sit down and then immediatly stand back up. Well, mom had told me about a garfield comic book that aubrey liked to read and mom only allowed her to read it while sitting on the potty, tuesday mom and aubrey were up in her bathroom brushing aubrey's hair and getting her ready for the day and mom got a call from Julia.... I am not real sure about the whole story all I know is mom was talking on the phone and aubrey was in the bathroom without a diaper on and mom noticed that something started to trinkel down aubrey's leg so mom said "Oh No!" and aubrey stopped peeing so mom hurried and sat her on the potty, aubrey sat there for a few minutes and finally..... she tee-tee'd in the potty!!!!! Mom said Aubrey got a big smile on her face and sordof Gasped when she heard it in the potty!! I realize this is no where close to being potty trained but you have to start somewhere right?!?!? I am a very proud mom! So the rest of the week I have really encouraged her to sit on her potty.... I snapped a picture I hope no one finds it offensive or inappropriate, I think it is pretty cute :)


The other first for this week is a boo-boo, she has fallen and scraped her knees a few times she even back when she was barely walking fell and had a bloody nose but I feel like this is our first really obvious boo-boo. I am not real sure how it happened, I put aubrey down for her nap this afternoon and I snuggled in to the couch to watch tv for an hour or so and all of the sudden I heard a loud boom and her crying!! I ran into her bedroom thinking somehow she had fallen out of her bed.... she had not fallen out but she had this bad scrape under her nose :( She cried for a long time.... I finally got her back to sleep for her nap, when she woke up from her nap I was afraid it would bother her but she has not even acted like she notices it. Andy thinks it may scab over.... I hope not but if so it will heal..... we just won't be taking any family photos for the next couple of weeks :)


I hope to have pictures of Aubrey's finished play room in the next couple of weeks.... hopefully we will be finished painting this weekend, I guess we will see if aubrey allows it or not :)


I hope everyone has a great weekend and a wonderful father's day!

5 comments:

DeeDee said...

I missed her today...

and I think the potty picture is cute...but one day she will KILL you! LOL

Love you!

Darlene said...

I love reading about your times with Aubrey. It brings back so many memories of when Andrea was small.
I think the potty picture is cute. I agree with Dee Dee one day she will kill you. This is one of those pics you save till the right moment. I am thinking first date. lol

Tricia said...

That boo-boo is nothing, you should see David's!

We had to call 911 at the church yesterday for David, and then go get his forehead glued back together! I guess we will have to put off pictures a little longer..

And I know what you mean about getting things done slowly, it seems it takes me 3 to 4 times as long to do anything now that I have kids...

Have a great weekend!

brantley said...

The funny thing about this picture is that the potty looks like chair! I wouldn't have known it was a potty.....I would have just thought Aubrey was sitting in a chair with no pants on....LOL

Anonymous said...

not offensive at all mum, get her to stand up, face the camera and show me her bald little toddler p---y