Monday, September 15, 2008

Water-proof!!

We took Aubrey for a check-up on her leg today. I was so hoping they would change her cast out into a shorter cast that she could walk in. When we got to Children's South I signed her in and we waited for the x-ray tech to call us back. I began to look around....Aubrey's little broken leg is NOTHING compared to some of those kids. There was a boy who was in a body cast, one little girl who was all bruised up with broken legs and in a wheel chair. Kids were hobbling around everywhere. It was depressing to see all these kids hurting! After they called us back for her
X-ray the Dr. came in a told me that because of where Aubrey's brake is she would not be able to have a shorter cast. The fracture is right below her knee so he said if he puts her in a shorter cast the brake will not have enough support so her leg would not heal. I was very upset because I want her to be able to walk so bad... but the good news was she could have a water-proof cast. She did great, they cut the old cast off which was scary to me but she sat there like a big girl and they put her new water-proof one on. Her leg can now be totally submersed under water, she can take a bath, go swimming, play in the rain, whatever she wants to do! What else is there to do when your baby has a broke leg but she can swim but to GO TO THE BEACH! We are leaving tomorrow and we have probably lost our mind but we are going to have a good time! She obviously can not go to the beach and get sand or salt water in her cast but I don't like sand anyway, we are going to relax and sit at the pool and shop and play! I will post pictures next week!

2 comments:

Krista said...

Sorry she didn't get a shorter cast! I hope she has a good time at the beach.

Can't wait to see the pictures.
Krista

Darlene said...

At least that have water proof casts now so you can enjoy some pool time. Praying she heals fast. Enjoy your time away and when you walk on the beach kick up some sand just for me!!! I sure have missed not going this year.

Sweet Blessings,
Darlene